|Position title:||Project Coordinator (full time)|
|Organization:||Internews in Moldova|
|Type of Appointment:||Fixed Term|
|Starting Date:||As soon as possible|
|End date:||14 months (with a possible extension upon availability of funding and satisfactory performance)|
|Location:||Chisinau, Republic of Moldova / Hybrid Work|
|Closing date for Applications:||September 20, 2022, COB. Please note that the application process will be stopped as soon as a suitable candidate will be identified before this announced deadline. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply soon as possible to avoid missing out.|
Internews in Moldova is recruiting a Project Coordinator for an EU funded project. The purpose of the planned initiative is to contribute to stability in Moldova by strengthening resilience to disinformation through nurturing independent media and supporting local voices.
Internews in Moldova is managing a variety of programs funded by USAID, the UK, SIDA, the US Embassy and the Kingdom of the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The projects aim to promote the development of an independent, professional media in Moldova that gives citizens access to a variety of perspectives and create a media sector that is more resilient to political and financial pressures. These projects will strengthen the ability of independent media to fulfill its role as a watchdog over the government and serve as space for citizens to engage in public policy dialogue. On the other side targeted media literacy activities in the country will build consumer understanding of and demand for independent, reliable, and high-quality news and information. Moreover, Internews focuses on the legal enabling environment to reinforce existing protections for freedom of speech, facilitate better implementation of laws, and advocate for media sector regulation in accordance with international norms.
Project coordinator works closely with Project Director to assist with the coordination of resources, equipment, meetings, and information. S/he organizes the activities to create comprehensive action plans concerning resources, budgets and timeframes for the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as a project supervisor, overseeing work operations to ensure established goals and objectives are met.
- Designs sub-grant programs, requests applications or proposals for funding under assistance awards.
- Oversees grants selection processes in full compliance with donor and Internews requirements.
- Handles day-to-day business and other non-programmatic aspects of the grant programs.
- Ensures proper stewardship of funds on pre-awards, awards, post-awards, and close-out.
- Performs final review of completed awards and oversee grants completion and closeout.
- Responsible for translating, and updating grant agreements, after coordination with Internews.
- Works closely with the finance staff to ensure that Internews, donors’ and local regulations are observed in sub-grantee grant execution.
- Develops and implements operating policies and procedures to ensure the effectiveness of program operations.
- Plans work schedules and priorities for project activities.
- Coordinates and monitors the activities, schedules, and deadlines of assigned programs including but not limited to relationship and contract management.
- Develops Request for Proposals (RFP)/scopes of work and leads procurements for vendor services, administers resulting contracts.
- Conducts administrative studies and analysis to solve problems related to budget, organization, program, procedures, and/or employee utilization.
- Cultivates and recommends program guidelines, standards, procedures, policies and protocols as established by HQ.
- Develops schedules, priorities, reports and standards for achieving program goals.
- Appraises existing programs and issues recommendations for improvements to enhance compliance and efficiency in achieving desired outcomes.
- Monitors programs and services for conformance and compliance to local, state, and Internews regulations.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, monitors, and supports general oversight for programs and services rendered through contracts, internal operations, and grant opportunities; this includes monitoring deliverables, tracking compliance, and supporting contract changes and renewals.
- Conducts and attends meetings to provide information, enlist support, resolve issues, and plan/coordinate activities and logistics for meetings, retreats, workshops, and other engagement campaigns, and co-facilitates, as needed, may represent Internews at thematic meetings; and/or give presentations.
- Works constructively to establish and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of people and position levels as well as public and non-government organizations in a manner that reflects well upon the Internews Authority and accomplishes work in an effective and efficient manner.
- Acts as liaison with other team members, outside media outlets, experts, and other key stakeholders.
- Participates in preparing project operating budgets and monitors budget expenditures.
- Provides clear instructions for financial expenditure to grantees and processes all completed requests as required by the Program Director.
- Monitors and provides direction to staff members in administering and implementing program activities.
- Completes itemized programmatic reports and financial analyses while adhering to the high bar of quality and impact.
- Keeps calendar for Program activities, coordinates, sets-up meetings and events with experts and participants.
- Reconciles contract related issues with experts that might involve corrective action plans if determined with the Program Director.
- Works with, interacts with, and oversees contracted consultants for delivery and effectiveness.
- Conducts site visits and ad hoc visits. Compliance and non-compliance matters are reviewed with the Program Director.
- Conducts frequent outreach and engagement events across the regions (virtually and in-person).
- Supports staff with consultancy initiatives as designed by the Project Director.
- Updates the website and related supporting pages in a timely fashion with new and required information, programs, and initiatives.
- Provides responsive and accurate communication to reporting supervisor, donors, key stakeholders, grantees, external partners, and the public.
- Proactively designs efficient and creative written material for internal and external use.
- Attends meetings and public speaking events on behalf of the Internews.
- Monitors and documents the grant making workflow processes, forms, templates, reports, and data to assure full compliance with donors’ requirements.
- Maintains necessary records, files, reports, databases, and resource materials pertinent to Grant activities.
- Participates in weekly Program Team staff meetings and presents the provision of work-related updates.
- Other duties as assigned by Program Director and Internews management staff.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduation from a recognized university with a Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a major study in public or business administration or a closely related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible experience in public or nonprofit community programs including the preparation of complex written reports, data analysis and/or contract management.
- Demonstrated experience in working with grants programs.
- Master’s degree is highly desirable.
- Professional working proficiency in English and Romanian and proficiency in Russian required.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and work assignments.
- Develops and presents ideas and concepts persuasively.
- Excellent project management skills with experience in managing and supervising administrative project.
- Analyzes situations accurately and adopts effective courses of action.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with others and deals tactfully and effectively with employees, representatives of other institutions, and the public.
- Makes prompt and accurate decisions.
- Meets schedules and timelines.
- Works independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise and logical oral and written analysis, recommendations, and complex reports.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Exercises confidentiality and discretion
- Interprets, applies, and explains codes, regulations, policies, and procedures established by HQ.
- Utilizes computers and software applications such as word processing, database manager, spread sheets, and other software/applications relevant to the professional projects assigned and fields of specialty.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills and the ability to interact effectively with individuals at organizations domestically and internationally.
- Abilities include strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and professional phone and email manner.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, CV including two references to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, September 20, 2022, 6:00 p.m. Please include “Project Coordinator” in the subject line. For any additional questions please contact Internews in Moldova office: +373 60500570.
Internews is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from candidates from a range of backgrounds. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Please note that Internews in Moldova office will only respond to those applicants selected for an interview.