|Position title:||Office Manager (full time)|
|Organization:||Internews in Moldova|
|Type of Appointment:||Fixed Term|
|Starting Date:||As soon as possible|
|End date:||12 months (with a possible extension upon availability of funding and satisfactory performance)|
|Location:||Chisinau, Republic of Moldova / Hybrid Work|
|Closing date for Applications:||16 September 2022 (Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, so interested candidates are encouraged to apply soon.)|
Office Manager Summary
The Office Manager is responsible for ensuring effective office management throughout the entire lifecycle of the Internews projects in Moldova, the administrative activities to facilitate the smooth running of the office in compliance with donor and Internews rules and regulations.
The Office Manager is responsible for organizing and coordinating office operations, administrative duties and procedures to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The Office Manager will create and maintain a professional work environment, ensure high level of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety.
Office Manager Responsibilities
- Organize office operations and procedures including procurement.
- Address employees’ queries regarding office management issues (e.g., stationery, hardware and travel arrangements).
- Arrange meetings, invitations, registrations and other activities for visitors, guests, delegations and partners of Internews.
- Organize the office layout and order stationery and equipment.
- Manage contracts and price negotiations with office vendors and office service providers.
- Draft and maintaining office supplies budget and projections.
- Maintaining office vacation schedules, personal time, sick leaves.
- Keep record of office supplies.
- Oversee proper conditions for office equipment usage.
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services.
- Maintain the office and arrange necessary repairs.
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail/correspondence, document and distribute administrative policies.
- Maintain and manage the Health & Safety practices and manual.
- Provide backup support during absence of the program assistant.
- At least two years of work experience in a similar position (preferably in international organizations or NGOs).
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or related field required or
- experience working with USAID-funded programs, preferred.
- Experience in document management and organization of office operations.
- Experience in bookkeeping and understanding of the procurement procedures.
- Knowledge of PC Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience in coordinating travel arrangements and logistical support.
- Basic knowledge of Moldova’s Labor Code, job safety rules, industrial hygiene, and fire security.
- Knowledge of English, Russian and Romanian languages.
- Strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to take initiative, solve problems, and make decisions within the job scope.
- Track record of vendor service and effective people skills.
- Good understanding of processes, policies and procedures required for supporting an organization.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, CV including two references to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include “Office Manager” in the subject line. For any additional questions please contact Internews in Moldova office: +373 60500570.
Internews is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from candidates from a range of backgrounds. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Please note that Internews in Moldova office will only respond to those applicants selected for an interview.