Deadline: January 20, 2023, COB
Open to national and international experts
Internews in Moldova is looking for an expert to provide in-house assessment of several independent Moldovan media organizations that aims to help them to overcome the energy crisis.The expert will work closely with the management teams to find out how media outlets can improve and strengthen the organizational capacities, energy equipment, institutional coordination mechanisms to overcome possible interruptions of electricity, heat, gas, etc.
Note: The period of implementation, specific and more advanced topics for this consultancy, and the name of media organizations to work with will be discussed with the selected expert.
- Provide an assessment for independent media outlets from Moldova to evaluate needs and the level of preparedness of the organizations for energy crisis situations;
- To evaluate current energy efficiency and provide recommendations to reduce the costs for energy;
- Provide plan of the energy equipment infrastructure and energy backup resources;
- To estimate costs, sources and legal import regulations of needed energy equipment;
- Provide best practices, tools and a written set of recommendations that will help the media outlets to cope with possible interruptions of electricity, heat, gas, etc.
- At least five years of relevant professional experience in implementation of energy efficiency measures and/or management of organizational emergencies and crises;
- Advanced studies in the economics, electrical engineering, machinery, or other related areas;
- Previous experience in providing consultancy and/or training sessions in this area;
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, development partners, foreign agencies would be an advantage;
- Familiarity with the local media landscape would be an asset;
- Fluency in written and spoken Romanian and knowledge of the Russian language is required for this assignment;
- Strong analytical and report-writing skills demonstrated by previous assignments.
- An updated CV, including contact details for at least two references.
- Financial offer.
Application Submission Instruction
All interested experts are encouraged to submit their applications electronically to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Energy Crisis Expert“ in the subject line, until January 20, 2023, COB.
For any additional questions, please contact Internews in Moldova staff at +373 60500570.