REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS
Internews in Moldova is looking for a company/organization/researcher to review and analyze three national surveys on the perception of media
Extended deadline: February 20, 2023, COB
Open to local or international expert(s)/organizations/companies
Internews in Moldova provides three public surveys as a baseline, midline, and end-of-project evaluation on media audience preferences, public perceptions of the media, media literacy, and news consumption habits. The surveys reveal which sources of news and information Moldovans trust most and least, how they prefer to receive and share information, and to which media sources and platforms they pay the most attention. The first public survey in 2018 serves as a baseline evaluation of media audience preferences, public perceptions of the media, media literacy, and news consumption habits. The second survey, performed in 2020, used the data gathered on similar questions to analyze shifting trends among Moldovan citizens’ behavior and attitudes toward media and tested participants’ media literacy level and knowledge. The third ongoing survey, initiated in 2022 and conducted by the research company Magenta Consulting, will continue to analyze the shifting trends among Moldovan citizens’ behavior and attitudes toward media, compared with the baseline and mid-line evaluation results. This data will help better understand existing correlations between MEDIA-M project activities and changes that have occurred over the period the surveys were conducted (2018-2022), concerning media consumption and literacy.
To better interpret the data included in all three surveys, analyze the changes related to media consumption and literacy and help the Key Partners understand the subjectivity of a perception survey, which evaluates viewers’ personal opinions as opposed to quantifiable data (e.g., viewership statistics), Internews in Moldova is looking for an external data analyst or a company specializing in data analyses, to review the surveys data in depth and present the findings to Internews in Moldova and the Key Partners. Internews is looking for an individual, organization, or company to conduct this analysis.
Note: The period of implementation, specific and more advanced topics for this consultancy, will be discussed with the selected expert/organization/company.
- Develop the methodology of the analysis;
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of all three surveys results;
- Conduct an in-depth analysis of the quantitative data related to all three surveys (depersonalized database in .xlsx format) gathered by Magenta Consulting research company;
- Provide a report that:
- Explains clearly what exactly is being presented by the surveys, what the survey data means for the outlets, and how the outlets can potentially use this information to guide their work;
- Presents the changes/evolution related to media consumption and literacy over the last five years, based on all three surveys results;
- Present the findings to Internews in Moldova.
- At least five years of proven research and analytical experience;
- Qualitative and quantitative research skills;
- Strong analytical and report-writing skills demonstrated by previous assignments;
- The ability to draw up analytical reports and deliver the report in Romanian, Russian and English languages;
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, development partners, or foreign agencies would be an advantage.
- CV or a description of the organization with details of its experience and capabilities, including contact details for at least two references;
- Detailed financial offer.
Application Submission Instruction
All interested experts/companies/organizations are encouraged to submit their applications electronically to the following e-mail address: email@example.com with “In-Depth analysis of the National Surveys on the perception of media“ in the subject line, until February 20, 2023, COB.