|Position title:||Project Director/ Project Manager (TBD based on applicant pool)
|Organization:||Internews in Moldova|
|Type of Appointment:||Fixed Term|
|Starting Date:||As soon as possible|
|End date:||Nine months (with a possible extension for another three years upon approval of funding and satisfactory performance)|
|Location:||Chisinau, Republic of Moldova/ hybrid work|
|Closing date for Applications:||February 28, 2023, COB. Please note that the application process will be stopped as soon as a suitable candidate will be identified before this announced deadline. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply soon as possible to avoid missing out.|
Internews in Moldova is recruiting a Project Director/Project Manager (TBD based on applicant pool).
Internews in Moldova is managing a variety of programs funded by USAID, the UK, Sweden, the US Embassy, the European Union, and the Kingdom of the Netherlands MFA. The projects aim to promote the development of an independent, professional media in Moldova that gives citizens access to a variety of perspectives and create a media sector that is more resilient to political and financial pressures. These projects will strengthen the ability of media to fulfill its role as a watchdog over the government and serve as space for citizens to engage in public policy dialogue. Targeted media literacy activities in the country will build consumer understanding of and demand for independent, reliable, and high-quality news and information. Moreover, Internews focuses on the legal enabling environment to reinforce existing protections for freedom of speech, facilitate better implementation of laws, and advocate for media sector regulation in accordance with international norms.
Pending donor approval, the Project Director/Project Manager will lead media development programs and activities that aim to strengthen regional independent media in Moldova outside Chisinau.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership, management, representational and operational oversight for the designated project work in Moldova.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities of the projects to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Establish work plan and staffing for each phase of project work and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel. Ensure all local and international consultants have valid contracts and files, in accordance with Internews’ policies.
- Direct and coordinate activities of all project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Provide strategic, operational, and representational assistance to ensure that activities are meeting their goals and targets, recommending program adjustments when necessary to keep the projects on track.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with local partner organizations and ensure that implementation is responsive to the needs of partners and beneficiaries.
- Track and report project and activity progress against defined timelines.
- Oversee program monitoring and evaluation to ensure effective implementation and to measure the impact of activities.
- Liaise and coordinate closely with donors.
- Prepare regular (ex. quarterly) reports on the project and assist other project contributors to meet internal deadlines and produce quality inputs to the reports.
- Maintain close contact with other project managers in Moldova, including the Senior Advisor for the projects, and coordinate activities among the various projects operating in country where and when relevant.
- Strategize new directions/methods and contribute ideas for new programming for Internews to help independent media.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of independent media development issues in the country and the political and economic environment in which they operate.
- Ensure conformance with donors’ rules and regulations, local legislation and Internews internal regulations.
- Maintain close communication with the Moldova COP and Internews’ HQ staff.
- Understand and demonstrate commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Tertiary qualification in journalism, politics, economics, linguistics, social sciences, pedagogy, or other relevant subjects.
- At least 5-7 years of experience managing media development projects, preferably at least two years of experience working on USG administered grants.
- Experience working as a journalist/editor/media manager.
- Fluency in English, Russian and Romanian.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met or may be encountered by an employee performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for use of computer terminal and reading printed and electronic materials. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Working hours are moderately flexible, but generally Monday through Friday from 9 am to 6 pm.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, a CV including two references to the following address: email@example.com, February 28, 2023, 6:00 p.m. Please include “Project Director/ Project Manager” in the subject line. For any additional questions please contact Internews in Moldova office: +373 60500570.
Internews is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from candidates from a range of backgrounds. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Please note that Internews in Moldova office will only respond to those applicants selected for an interview.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.