|Finance Specialist (full time)
|Internews in Moldova
|Type of Appointment:
|As soon as possible
|12 months (with a possible extension upon the availability of funding and satisfactory performance)
|Chisinau, Republic of Moldova / Hybrid Work
|Closing date for Applications:
|February 23, 2024, COB. Please note that the application process will be stopped as soon as a suitable candidate is identified before this announced deadline. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out.
Internews in Moldova is managing a variety of programs funded by USAID, the UK, SIDA, the US Embassy and the Kingdom of the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs and EU. The projects aim to promote the development of an independent, professional media in Moldova that gives citizens access to a variety of perspectives and create a media sector that is more resilient to political and financial pressures. These projects will strengthen the ability of independent media to fulfill its role as a watchdog over the government and serve as space for citizens to engage in public policy dialogue. On the other side, targeted media literacy activities in the country will build consumer understanding of and demand for independent, reliable, and high-quality news and information. Moreover, Internews focuses on the legal enabling environment to reinforce existing protections for freedom of speech, facilitate better implementation of laws, and advocate for media sector regulation in accordance with international norms.
The Finance Specialist will assist the Finance & HR Manager in successfully completing the financial duties required for the projects. These duties will include budgeting, procurement oversight, and records management. The Finance Specialist will assist the Finance & HR Manager in preparing timely and accurate financial reporting and assist in the preparation of monthly financial spreadsheets, cash flow forecasts, data entry, corresponding with vendors as appropriate, and ensuring that financial procedures and systems are operated and maintained in compliance with local legislation and Donor’s policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Finance Specialist’s specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Finance & HR Manager in compiling monthly expense reports (daily, enter expenditures and invoices into Business World, scan back-up documentation and attach it to Business World transactions, Vetting Vendors, create/update Vendor positions in Business World).
- Assist in preparing monthly and year-end reports for the home office.
- Monitor alignment to budgeted activities.
- Gather, file, and organize primary documentation (invoices, acts of acceptance, contracts, etc.)
- Maintain the proper filing system for finance records and documents.
- Assisting in full accordance with the financial & HR processes and financial records with donor rules, policies, and local legislation.
- Together with the Office Manager, assisting in maintaining office vacation schedules, personal time, and sick leaves.
- Taking inventory of the office goods and equipment with the assistance of the Office Manager, under the supervision of the Finance & HR Manager.
- Verify payment supporting documentation (approvals, invoices, memos, etc.)
- Translate supporting accounting payment documents, if needed.
- Assist in contract reviews and sub-grants management.
- Assist the Finance & HR Manager in ensuring compliance with the requirements of donor awards.
- Support the Finance & HR Manager in conducting day-to-day finance operations, including HR operations, donor policies, procedures, and systems.
- Assist the Finance & HR Manager in producing and disseminating monthly financial performance reports against the budget in a timely and accurate manner.
- In close coordination with the administrative team, reconcile fixed assets per book against the commodity list prepared by authorized administrative staff.
- Raise and discuss finance concerns with the Finance & HR Manager for timely resolution.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or another related field required.
- At least 2 (two) years of experience in similar positions.
- Experience working on EU, USAID, or other donor-funded projects in Moldova is an advantage.
- Excellent knowledge of Moldovan accounting and tax.
- Good understanding of processes, policies, and procedures required for supporting an organization.
- Demonstrated personal and professional integrity.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent people skills, cultural sensitivity, ability to work well under pressure, negotiate, and work well in a multicultural work environment. Very good attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of Moldova’s Labor Code.
- Knowledge of English, Russian, and Romanian languages.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, and CV including two references to the following address: email@example.com, by February 23, 2024, 6:00 p.m. Please include “Finance Specialist” in the subject line. For any additional questions please contact Internews in Moldova office: +373 60500570.
Internews is an equal-opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from candidates from a range of backgrounds. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. Internews does not discriminate based on race, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Please note that Internews in Moldova office will only respond to those applicants selected for an interview.